Pigeon River & Beyond - Back Country Horsemen, Michigan

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cowboy Picnic-Goose Creek

Dick and Connie

Just thought we would  add that several have been collecting donations from local businesses for a raffle that will take place at the picnic next Saturday evening.  If anyone has anything to contribute to this raffle to really make it fun please do so.  This is a great way to help raise a little extra money that is greatly needed for continuing our battle for our right to ride quest.  Please help spread the word !  Also, if you do receive a donation please make sure you keep track of who gives you what so those people can be thanked for their support as well. So far we have brushes, wormers, alfalfa cubes, horse collar, wood shavings, turkey fryer, a pedicure and facial.....gift certificate from TSC..etc, to name a few.....

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Dick and Connie

July 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike S

Tom’s Western Store in Ovid, Michigan

a great place to shop for all your

western and english tack and clothing needs,

Donated the following items for the raffle.

1.  An Elmer Horse figurine                           

2.  A Justin Leather  Check Book/Credit card  Holder     

3.  A Breyer Holiday Photo Frame OrNament   

Everyone make sure to come for a great weekend of riding, the meeting and be sure to bring your wallet to help support a good cause.

Mike.

July 4, 2009 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gabz

Let's see...  I have a matching Hamilton brand Halter & Lead; a very nice "pocket" knife; 2, bath items gift buckets; window decals of running horses; and at least one more item from my grain store. : )

can't wait to meet up with everyone and do some riding, eating, sleeping, eating, riding, eating. : )

and meet some great legislators

--
Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll go ride my horse!
July 4, 2009 at 9:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathy

What a great weekend!  Fun and relaxing.  The company was great and so was the food.  Thanks to everyone that made this weekend possible.  Your hard work is appreciated!  It was great to have time to meet and visit with everyone.  The "Cowboy Band" was a special treat. 

Thanks Again!

--

Kathy Lawless

and Jackie O the mule

July 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathy

Dont forget to check out a new horse camp in the Goose Creek area:

Happi Days Campground:  www.happidayscampground.com

They welcome horses to camp!

--

Kathy Lawless

and Jackie O the mule

July 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

happicamper
Limited Member

I would like to thank Kathy and Jackie for taking the time to stop by the Campground and checking things out. If anyone is in the Frederic or Goose Creek camp, please stop by Happi Days Campground and Diner and see what we have to offer. Thank you - Todd

happidays77@aol.com - 1-989-390-2155 -

www.happidayscampgorund.com

July 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dick and Connie

Dear PR & B Members,

A big thank you to all who attended!  I know that this whole process is discouraging because not much has happened yet; but as Tom Casperson tells me,"We must hang in there!"  Representative Kim Meltzer gave us great advice in saying, "Tell your elected officials that we are a voting block and we can make a difference in your political carreer (good or bad)!"  We received a very nice thank you from her and was so grateful for what we have done and what we are doing and promised to take what she learned this weekend back to Lansing and will work hard to  rally support among her colleagues!  This is a good thing!  Thank you to all those who helped make this time special for all our guests!  Many gave their time just to visit, others offered a ride on horseback!  This is what it was all about!

I know this sounds like a broken record, but keep up the phone calls, emails etc. to your respective legislators.  I publicly want to thank (R) Rep. Kim Meltzer for joining our organization , (D) Rep. Andy Neumann and also a DNR employee!  Pretty amazing!  A total of 13 new members joined this weekend bringing our total now to 327 memberships....this includes single and family memberships.

I would also like to thank all those who participated in providing items and for those who purchased items donated for our "Silent Auction".  A total of $618.00 was raised which helped to defray the total cost of our weekend event.  I urge all those who ended up winning the top bid --please take a few minutes and thank the person or business who so kindly made the donation.  This will really mean alot to those who gave so willingly!

And lastly, many thanks to John and Diane McConnell for the hog for our party and for all the hard work that went into this event behind the scenes!  To Jose' and his PIG GIG........for all the preparation of the food!  What a good thing-not to have to COOK! :) Also to all the ladies that made the pies!!!!!!!!!! Wow!  What a great way to end a good meal!

Best Regards,

Dick

July 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.